Sunday, November 4, 2012

Little Napoleon the Circus Chimpanzee

It is a universal cross-cultural truth that a primate doing human things is funny. Ergo 'Little Nap' is possessed of innate comedy. That he is riding a custom built mini sidecar combo with a chimp passenger whilst dressed as Napoleon is bordering genius.

Apparently Little Nap was a performer in US circuses around the early post first world war period. There are several other images of Little Nap around, this is the only one I can find featuring a sidecar.

The postcard just sold on ebay. I bid but sadly someone valued it more than I (and I did value it quite a lot!)...

'Little Nap', francophile chimp sidecar pilot.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there.

    GREAT to see your posting. I'm a Little 'NAP' collector too and have about 6 postcards featuring him. I'm trying to find out more about him :-). PLEASE drop me a line if your interested.

    Thanks

    Martin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin, thanks for the comment. Would love to post up your Little Nap images if you are willing to share. All the best, Richard

    ReplyDelete